about bureaublogBureauBlog is your secret gateway to the innerworld of Moss Bureau. Behind the scenes, through the looking glass, up the down staircase, over the rainbow, all around the town. Our town. Any town. We cover the bureau-front, from top to toe, prow to stern, sea to shining see. We open the drawers, and draw our own conclusions. The designers, the artists, the interns, friends and foes, clients and miscreants, consultants and co-defendants, conmen and trangendereds, the Fairs and the unfair, the good fight and the bad lieutenant, lies, truths, massive cover-ups, mitigating circumstances, plausible deniabilities. The undercooked and the overlooked. Wet-work, dry wall, the dog, the pony, the smoke and the mirrors. We pull the wrapper off the snapper, look down the barrel, and open Pandora's box of worms. Fearless, feckless, and born to run. Sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar. Think different. It's later than you think.
- Kanye calls Murray the "Kanye West of the furniture market". Really? wp.me/pB6FI-Nf fb.me/2PVnTMhcq 2 days ago
- What to give someone with everything: nothing wp.me/pB6FI-Nc fb.me/2F22MrFRj 3 days ago
- What to give someone with everything: nothing wp.me/pB6FI-N4 fb.me/1dG1Z2K5V 3 days ago
- New Canaan, the Not Miami wp.me/pB6FI-MA fb.me/6uma2hgh6 6 days ago
- Women's Wear covered Murray's Baccarat book-signing in Paris wp.me/pB6FI-Mr fb.me/11SwTCo6N 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Phillips de Pury
Artinfo has curated furniture for the spookiest dinner party since Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf.
Note the inclusion of the Pesce Golgotha table (fresh from our auction at Phillips and still available, we might add, in case your ghost checkbook is still handy) and also the Maarten Baas burned MacIntosh chair, which was sold years ago. We’re not suggesting Moss is necessarily your source for deeply spooky, but god knows we do what we can.
Click on the image to access the article
The September Art and Auction (source of all important auction related news) is featuring a piece by William Hamilton on the great Toni Zuccheri, the mad glass designer. And lo, right there in the middle, is a reference to Murray and the upcoming Moss auction at Phillips de Pury and the Zuccheri piece therein. Note the subtle marking on page two to find said reference.