Here’s the complicated and exquisite Escapism Dress designed by super-up-and-coming fashion designer Iris Van Herpen, as it is in Murray’s installation at the V&A. (We made this shot a little out of focus so you wouldn’t be frightened.) But wait–look below! OMG, it’s the SAME DRESS. On the runway at Iris’s fashion show in January, being worn by an actual human. Right there in the lineup with all those old fashioned sewn together with thread things. So, yeah, 3D printing, crazy and out there as it is, is already here. Get used to it. Click on the pic below to go to Iris’s website. Photo by Michel Zoeter.
about bureaublogBureauBlog is your secret gateway to the innerworld of Moss Bureau. Behind the scenes, through the looking glass, up the down staircase, over the rainbow, all around the town. Our town. Any town. We cover the bureau-front, from top to toe, prow to stern, sea to shining see. We open the drawers, and draw our own conclusions. The designers, the artists, the interns, friends and foes, clients and miscreants, consultants and co-defendants, conmen and trangendereds, the Fairs and the unfair, the good fight and the bad lieutenant, lies, truths, massive cover-ups, mitigating circumstances, plausible deniabilities. The undercooked and the overlooked. Wet-work, dry wall, the dog, the pony, the smoke and the mirrors. We pull the wrapper off the snapper, look down the barrel, and open Pandora's box of worms. Fearless, feckless, and born to run. Sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar. Think different. It's later than you think.
- Kanye calls Murray the "Kanye West of the furniture market". Really? wp.me/pB6FI-Nf fb.me/2PVnTMhcq 5 days ago
- What to give someone with everything: nothing wp.me/pB6FI-Nc fb.me/2F22MrFRj 6 days ago
- What to give someone with everything: nothing wp.me/pB6FI-N4 fb.me/1dG1Z2K5V 6 days ago
- New Canaan, the Not Miami wp.me/pB6FI-MA fb.me/6uma2hgh6 1 week ago
- Women's Wear covered Murray's Baccarat book-signing in Paris wp.me/pB6FI-Mr fb.me/11SwTCo6N 2 weeks ago